Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I love lamps!


(Maura Daniels)



It's true, I really do love lamps. And lately, I seem obsessed with wanting to buy them. As a designer, I have access to so many amazing options, I could just spend hours and hours looking at all of the choices. And, I do. Until recently, I used to be like everyone else -- I'd hit Pottery Barn on the weekend to find the affordable, yet somewhat stylish lamp. And don't get me wrong - I'm not some "too good for Pottery Barn" type of designer. In fact, I help many clients sift through the many accessory options to find the perfect fit for their room. But now that I know what's really out there, I can never go back! A well designed, unique lamp can do amazing things for a room. It can add a level of sophistication to a living room, or a bit of whimsy to a child's room. Below are just a small sampling of some of my current favorites.



These next two are by Slip -- semi-custom lamps - you pick the base and the shade. Very bright, fun lamps with a modern twist.











The rest of these are by Arteriors. They have many elegant designs, as well as super modern. I pretty much love everything by them!





(pendant - so the trend now!)


(another pendant - too, cute!)









(in case you haven't noticed, coral is soooo in this year! But, who knew you could find it on a lamp?!!)





(for those who know me, I love orange! I plan to purchase this one for my living room.)







(Brown and blue is still "hot" this year and this lamp really pulls it all together well)



Of course, there many, many more manufacturers I love, so stay tuned for more great lamps in the future.



p.s. Most of these lamps can be obtained through people in the trade (like me!), or through speciality retailers.

No comments: